Thursday 4 August 2011

Aug 4, 2011 - Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

The bloggosphere is a strange and wonderful place.  Using Blogger permits me to see all kinds of stats about who is reading my musings.  Hello dear readers from Latvia, Ukraine, Romania, Bahrain and Singapore, among other far-flung places!  How you ended up on this Canadian arts entrepreneur's blog is a mystery to me, which I hoped to solve in part by checking out the phrases people googled to get here.  Among the most intriguing:
  • bike sticker stencils
  • Shakespearean quote "truer words were never spoke"
  • Jian Ghomeshi
  • great Canadians you've never heard of
And then there was "Is Mary from Wise Daughters a lesbian?" and the strikingly similar, "Is Mary from Wise Daughters gay?"

Shaking off the various distasteful reasons one might pose this question to the Almighty Google, I choose to believe I have a secret admirer. 

But it's a two-headed beast, this Internet. I get inspiration from other people's blogs when time permits, and am pleasantly flummoxed by the number of people who read mine. 

At the same time, it disturbs me that Facebook knows way too much about me, and I worry that my daughter's youthful photos will come back to bite her in the bum when she's in the running for a post at the UN, for example.  On the other hand, everyone will be in the same boat.  There is no such thing as privacy.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you, kind readers.  Let me know why you're here, and what you'd like to read about!






































































































3 comments:

  1. Yeah, love the Blogger Stat thing! I'm up to 63 different countries now! - I keep track... Just need someone to pop in from Antarctica and I'll have the complete "World" Collection! ;-]

    Personally, I stay AWAY from FB! Identity-Theft-101 as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here because your an awesome and thought provoking writer. And I think you rock.
    A in the junction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was Googling places where I might sell my art, which brought me to your website to your Twitter to your blog. :)

    As for what I'd like to read about...I enjoy the anecdotes from your personal life (it puts a "face" on your business, as it were!). The recent post about how to approach retailers was also great, and I'd love to see you dig deeper into the subject of consignment selling - going beyond the common sense advice and into the weird little things that newbies like me might not know. (I'm assuming there are weird little things. I could of course be wrong. :D)

    I'm happy I found you and will definitely be visiting your bricks-and-mortar location sometime soon!

    p.s.: My blog gets a lot of views from Russia and I have no idea why. :S

    ReplyDelete